- Maura Lamb
4 Stages to Choosing Your Wedding Venue
Photography By: Tara Hodges Photography
Stage 1 Pre-Planning: Before you start the process , set your venue budget and finalize your guest count number.
Cove Lake State Park
Photography by: Sullivan Photography
1. Select the city/state/country
2. Decide if you want inside or outside, or a combination of both
3. Determine if you want all inclusive (ie. tables, chairs, linens, decor, catering etc) or Do It Yourself
4. Choose the venue type (ballroom, barn, garden, country club, state/national park, etc)
5. Chat with a planner (planners are familiar with different locations, layouts, and can make your vision come to life in the space)
Stage 2 Researching: Look for venues.
1. Search online, and pick your top 3 favorites
2. Schedule tours. If you are unable to travel, inquire if a virtual tour is offered.
Stage 3 Touring: Determine if it's the right fit.
1. Tour venues. Be sure to ask about the following topics:
rental/decor inventory Photography By: Kennedy Photo
Tellico Village Yacht Club
weather contingency plan
in-house or outside catering
example day of layout
Stage 4 Booking: Decide on the venue.
1. Determine which is your #1 venue
2. Book the venue.
Congratulations! The venue is all set. What's next? Now, you can start the rest of your planning.
Greystone Presbyterian Church
Photography By: Katie P. Photography